1. Health care for everyone...Period. Watched Sicko by Michael Moore (even though he drives me nuts) and got a wake up call.
Guess what, Canada looks pretty good, AND their doctors still make money!
2. Repairing our relationships around the world. Don't know about you, but I don't really like being hated by every other country on this planet (besides Iraq).
3. Pallin...just saying her name scares me. Oh, and by the way, just what HAS she done for special needs kids anyways?...besides giving birth to one?
4. ENERGY. So sick of oil. Really. Let's get with the 21st century and go with the pickinsplan: http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/
5. I like him. Don't know him personally, never met him, but I like him. I like Michelle. I like that he is smart, and knows how to talk. I like that he is multi-racial, well-educated, and polite. I just plain like him.
BTW, who else thinks that SNL has been the best part of this election process??
I like your opinions. They are smart and to the point. You are very brave to bring up political topics on a blog. Here are my reasons I am not voting for Obama...
1. I am a small business owner. If he goes into office, I will most likely NOT be able to afford to run it anymore. I don't believe anything he promises. Look at the way he has voted every chance he got. Not good for the small business owner. And...do you know what makes up such a large portion of this Nation's economy? Yep...small businesses. Do you know what will happen to our economy when no one can afford to run their small business anymore? Scary, scary stuff.
2. I don't think people fully understand Obama's plan for health care. I don't believe it will work. I know it will affect my family in more ways than one because Mat gets his health care through the state of Utah. He is also in the health care industry. His wages will go down, and so will our benefits. Ever dealt with Medicare? Worst program ever. I did medical billing for years. Medicare was the worst at getting Doctors paid. So many loop holes. Any government plan in this country is not run well. It scares me to death that our government is trying to take over so many things. I thought this was a democracy. It isn't looking like that will last too much longer. This isn't about Doctors making money, there are a lot of health professionals that are not doctors. They make up what is truly the medical industry. They will all lose. Big time.
3. He talks about "change." He is likeable. But...he has shown nothing that supports the words that come out of his mouth. I think American's want change so badly that they are not looking at what will truly happen if Obama's plans actually go in to play. It scares me to death. I hope I am wrong. I really do. I am not in love with the other "team" either. There is one thing for sure...we are all in for a he@@ of a ride. We all better hang on...cause things are going to get even more bumpy.
Kati, Congrats to you on being a small business owner who makes over a quarter million a year...because those are the only ones who will be affected by increased taxes under Barack's plan. You can check out the details on his web site.
As for health care, I am sure that you would not mind paying a little more so that others, who are not as blessed as you and your family, could have the same blessing of medical care that you have. Isn't that the whole idea of tithing, fast offerings and the law of consecration?... those who have more help those who have less??
And as for being scared about change, I would be much more scared if things did not change.
Yep...that is what is so great about this country. We all get to have our own opinions. For that, we are all blessed. I'm not going to go back and forth debating my views vs. yours. People vote for what they feel is best for their family. The most important thing is that we do in fact vote.
I can understand how Obama's words are very enticing, but if you truly listened to him, you would hear him giving half promises. I agree with Kati, look at his voting record on things that are important to you, you will probably be surprised.
You might be surprised to find out that he is a big part of our huge financial crisis. Obama sued Citibank so that the "poor" could get homes they could not afford. It is easy for him to point the finger. Glenn Beck has some VERY good points at: http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/16799/
Our problems are bigger than the presidency, but having a corrupt president isn't going to take us anywhere good.
hi! i just happen stumble on your blog and was impressed by this post. your thoughts on obama were well-informed and clear. props to you for not being afraid to share your opinions!
Obama? Gavin, you gotta be kidding me! Get back to your El Centro roots. FAST. Or I'm telling the Colonel.
CONGRATS TO OBAMA!
CONGRATS TO US ALL!
Post a Comment